Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Review (Dtd 25Jun05)

It took NTUC Income about a month to review on this case. I have waited till my neck damn long. However, the conclusion is still the same as the previous.

The email from one of the NTUC Income officer:
From: "Cho Lai Weng" cholw@income.com.sg
To: XXXX@yahoo.com
CC: "Lai Ah Kin" , "Goh Peng Hong" , "Goh Swee Kiang Yvonne" , "DAVID TAN" , "Tan Chiew Hua"
Subject: Third Party Claim No. 6048683 --- Accident between XX9999X & XXX 1381X on the 06.05.2005
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:32:59 +0800


Dear Mr . Tan ,

Originally , based on available material evidence including your additional inputs contained in your e-mail to us dated on the 27 / 05 / 2005 , our Assessor had determined that the driver of XX 9999 X (My vehicle) to bear greater liability in the accident which occurred on the 06.05.2005 but since you persist in the liability dispute and to ensure consistency in the liability determination process , we decided to forward the case to our Claims Committee which includes our Head of Claims Department to conduct a review of the case . The findings of our Claims Committee is out and I regret to inform that their decision synchronise with our earlier stand that the driver of XX 9999 X (My vehicle) had more liability . Under BOLA ( barometer of liability assessment ) system of assessing which is recommended by the Traffic Police , in the absence of independent unbiased witnesses and with both parties claiming traffic lights in their favour , onus is on the turning vehicle . Consequently , when there is liability , under policy conditions , NCD will be negatively impacted by Third Party claim no. 6048683 .

However , as assessment is done without prejudice , if you still do not accede to our decision , you may agree with the appointment of an outside independent adjudicator ( see attached for details ) to perform another round of investigation .
If the independent adjudicator rules in your favour i.e liability to be 20 % or less , we shall reinstate your NCD accordingly .

If you are amenable to the independent adjudicator scheme , please contact me by the 30th June 2005 and I shall make the necessary arrangements for that purpose .

If you need further assistance in this matter or have any query , please feel free to contact me .


Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Cho Lai Weng
Claims Service Centre
NTUC Income
DID : 6877-3208



*None of the guidelines is the same as the accident

My reply to this mail:
Date:Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:32:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:
XXX@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Third Party Claim No. 6048683 --- Accident between XX9999X & XXX 1381X on the 06.05.2005
To: "Cho Lai Weng"
CC: "Lai Ah Kin" , "Goh Peng Hong" , "Goh Swee Kiang Yvonne" , "DAVID TAN" , "Tan Chiew Hua"
tanch4@income.com.sg

Dear Mr Cho,

Thanks for your reply. I respect the decision you have come up with. However, I demand the detailed reports of the two assessments done by you and the Claims Committee. Till now, I have no idea how the conclusion is reached, except for the BOLA which has just one vague reference to the example of a Y-junction. Bear in mind that a Y-junction is different from a cross-junction with traffic lights. What you have shown me is still a GUIDELINE you based your assessment on and NOT the process to your conclusion. The reports need to include the step-by-step process to the conclusion of your verdict and the employees and their employee numbers involved in the investigation. By the way, the staff of NTUC income had been very reluctant to provide me with their employee number. If there are no discrepancies in the report, I believe the employee number is no secret, especially when I am a customer of your company and I have the right to know who is assisting me in this case.

I will keep the two reports for further reference. Should a similar case happen again, i.e. where the assessment is based on the statements of parties involved in the accident, I will insist that I was going straight and the other party was making a right turn so that I will win the case by your BOLA guidelines.

Please do not contact me via the phone anymore as there is no record on the information that has transpired. I look forward to receiving your two detailed reports by 30th June.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Tan XX XXXX



**NTUC Income could not explain to me how the accident is assessed, and how the verdict is concluded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home