Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Wrong Info (Dtd 11May05)

I had waited for a few days, and yet to receive any calls from NTUC Income. Therefore, I decided to go to the webchat and ask for the status of the accident. For the past few days, the left door of my vehicle was unable to open due to the collision, and I was waiting for NTUC to send my vehicle for repair.

Another conversation via web chat:
Customer Service : Welcome to NTUC Income Call Centre.
Customer Service : Please hold while we connect you to one of our Customer Service Representatives...

Tan : Gd evening
Yuxuan : good evening im yuxuan
Yuxuan : how can i assist?
Tan : hi, can you check the status of my report?
Tan : vehicle no is gtXXXX (Number has been removed to protect the victim)
Yuxuan : Hi sir, so u have made a report at Idac? Can I have your veh no.
Yuxuan : pls put on hold while i check. thanks
Tan : ok, thx
Yuxuan : mr tan, thank you for waiting. TP claim still pending
Tan : wat is the other party's vehicle that is being logged?
Tan : vehicle no, i mean
Yuxuan : XXX1281X
Tan : cant be, i have signed as XXX1381X
Tan : how come it change to be 1281?
Yuxuan : mr tan, our records showed XXX1281X
Tan : according to my sas1, that is printed by idac, it is XXX 1381X (SAS1 is accident report form)
Tan : can you explain to me what has went wrong?
Yuxuan : mr tan, how abt let me inform our claim dept abt this?
Tan : ok, can
Tan : another thing i would like to clarify
Yuxuan : Mr tan, can i have your contact no so that the claim officer may want to verify with u on this
Tan : if i am claiming against the other party(XXX 1381X) which is also from ntuc income, but i lost? wat will happen next?
Tan : my contact no is XXXXXXX

Tan : now in the sas 1, i am trying to claim the other party's insurance
Yuxuan : mr tan,u will have to revert to own damage claim and subj to approval or you may want to settle at your workshop
Tan : why i must revert to my own insurance?
Tan : if i revert to my own insurance, and the other party claim my insurance, isnt it saying that i am admiting it is my fault, and the case will be closed?
Yuxuan : if u lost the case and u do not wish to claim fr your insurance, u have to pay yourself
Tan : ya, but if i lost the case, the damage will be paid through my insurance company (which is ntuc income)?
Yuxuan : If TP claim is successful, their damages will be paid from your insurance. If you are doing a TP claim against them and case lost, you may want to revert to OD for your own repair but subject to approval etc
Tan : meaning if i insist on the 3rd party claim (which is XXX1381X), but i lost the case, i may need to pay for my own damage or not (subject to approval)
Tan : ?
Yuxuan : subj to approval
Tan : then wat is the use of buying comprehensive in the first place? and which clause of the policy states that?
Yuxuan : Hi Mr Tan, your policy does cover either own damage or third party claim against your insurance. If you are claiming against TP (be it income or AIG etc) and case is not successful, it only makes sense that you have to settle your repair and his repair either by your own cash or thru your own insurance right?
Tan : u are right, but now the situation is now i am trying to claim against TP (XXX1381X), however if i lost, I may have to fork out cash to repair my own damage, (Take note, i am not refering to own insurance excess)
Yuxuan : I understand. So your qn is if your case is lost, who will pay for your damages?
Tan : if you are telling me that if i lose, i will be claiming from my own insurance policy, then it is acceptable, but not u are saying that claiming from my own policy after a lost of TP claim is subjected to approval, that doesnt make sense
Tan : i mean now you were saying....
Yuxuan : If right now, the liability is uncertain, we will suggest you claim from own policy first. If you are not at fault after assessment, your policy will not be affected as we will also recover against the other party. But, if case is uncertain and you still intend to claim TP directly, we have to consider when you intend to revert to OD, based on our benchmark etc as well.
Tan : let's say if i change to claim from my own policy first, and the other party is claiming against me, isnt it saying that i am at fault?
Tan : and the case will be closed?
Tan : now the problem is the other party is claiming TP against me
Yuxuan : Most people carry the misconception that claiming against own policy means admiting liability. But insurance companies don;t see it this way. For your case, when you claim Own Damage as both are income insured, we will not only settle your repairs, we will also recover against TP if you are not at fault. If you are not at fault, will your policy be affected even if you claim own policy? Of couse not.
Tan : then why in the first place, i must revert to claim own insurance?
Tan : what ntuc income is doing to for their own benefit? When both parties claim their own damages, and the case drags because it is not straight forward, then the ncd of both parties are gone, and who will be the biggest winner?
Yuxuan : If the case is 50-50, and you claim against TP direct, say your repair cost is $2000. The insurer will only cover 50% of it likely. The other 50% will be payable from your own cash or your own pol if you revert to own policy and is approved.
Tan : ya, in that case i only need to pay for the excess which is SGD500. This i totally understand
Yuxuan : To policyholder, insurer seems to win as both ncd might be affected. However, the insurer has to bear the cost of repairs also.
Tan : but just now, you are saying that changing from TP claim to Own damage claim is subjected to approval from NTUC, do you think it is fair for comprehensive policy holder?
Yuxuan : Like what i said earlier on, if the case is straight forwrd and you are sure you are not at fault, you may wish to claim TP direct if they are insured with non-income or own pol if they are incomed. The result is your pol will not be affected.
Tan : now the case is the other party is also from NTUC income with 3rd party coverage with theft and fire
Tan : and most importantly, they are claiming against my policy
Yuxuan : When you intend to revert to own damage when case lost, of course we have to look at your case (case by case basis) and compared with our benchmark.
Tan : ok, tell me which clause of the policy stated that?
Yuxuan : mt tan do u mind putting on hold while i check?
Tan : ok
Yuxuan : sorry to keep u waiting mr tan. I did not manage to locate exact clause stating this (So there wasn't such agreement after all?)
Tan : now my issue is when can i repair my vehicle?
Yuxuan : can i get the claim officer to revert to u rgd this
Tan : can, you can ask the claim officer to call me tommorrow at ard 130pm to change the car no and this issue
Yuxuan : have u submit any claim for your repair?
Tan : the idac ppl asked me not to repair on my own, and now i am waiting for your reply
Tan : idac has accessed my damage on last sat
Yuxuan : Mr Tan I will leave a note to claim officer to contact u. i will provide all info u told me to the officer
Tan : ok, please help me to settle this asap
Tan : another thing, can i claim for renting a vehicle when it is sent for repair?
Tan : be it from own damage or TP
Yuxuan : Mr tan I will escalate this to claim to follow up. i will ask them to contact u.
Tan : are you still there?
Yuxuan : yes
Yuxuan : Mr Tan do u have any further enquiries?
Tan : do i get to claim from renting a vechicle for loss of transport from OD or TP?
Yuxuan : Mr Tan can i get the claim officer to confirm with u on this as well?
Tan : ok, please leave me your full name and ic no, thx
Yuxuan : my name is Huang Yuxuan
Tan : wat is your ntuc employee no?
Tan : are you still there?
Yuxuan : Mr Tan u are able to locate me again at our hotline 6788112 / 67886616 by asking for yuxuan fr customer service dept. u do not need my IC / staff no. actually
Tan : just give me your staff ic will do, thx
Yuxuan : Mr tan how abt i give you my email add?
Tan : ok, nevermind. just make sure that the claim officer call me tmr, thx
Yuxuan : sure mr tan. i will ask them to give you a call at XXXXXXX
Tan : ok can, something to clarify getting your employmee id is not to complain about you, but as for reference purposes.
Yuxuan : ok mr tan. by noting my name is sufficient
Tan : ok, bye. Thanks for your help.
Yuxuan : thank you for calling NTUC Income Mr Tan
Tan : Logout !

TP denotes Third Party
**- Don't understand how come they could record the wrong car plate number.

- Don't understand why the staff was so afraid of giving customer their employee id? **

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home